Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Melbourne, Australia
Similar items over time
Digital Photograph - Boy Waiting for Tram, Corner Queen & Bourke Streets, Melbourne, circa 1980 Reg. No: MM 110965
- Photograph showing Pablo Diaz waiting at a tram stop on the corner of Queen and Bourke Street, Melbourne, circa 1980. The Diaz family emigrated from Chile in 1974 to escape the political regime there.
Pablo's mother Alicia took him to the Myer Store, where they saw an exhibition on movies. The overalls he was wearing were his good clothes to go out in. The Diaz family had been in Australia for 6 years, having emigrated from Chile to escape the political regime there.
- Digital image file. A digital photograph was taken of the original colour print.
- Description Of Content:
- Boy in overalls, standing by a tram stop with metal barriers. The photographer is facing east. Two sets of tram tracks run along the street and two trams can be seen further down the hill, one going in each direction. High rise buildings line both sides of the street.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Ms Alicia Diaz, 2006
- Contributed by Ms Alicia Diaz
|Tagged with:||buildings, children, chilean communities, chilean immigration, cities, trams|
|Themes this item is part of:||Migration Collection, Melbourne's Biggest Family Album Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Settlement - Cultural & Social Life|
|Tertiary Classification:||excursions & outings|
|People Depicted:||Diaz, Pablo|
|Format:||Digital Still Image: Colour; Tiff|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, circa 1980
Source of Date Depicted: Contributor's memory.
|Photographer:||Ms Alicia Diaz|