Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Maribyrnong, Australia
Digital Photograph - Mother, Father & Baby, Midway Migrant Hostel, Maribyrnong, 1974 Reg. No: MM 110975
- Colour photograph showing Alicia, Eduardo and Pablo Diaz in the Midway Migrant Hostel Maribyrnong, 1974. This was only a few months after they had emigrated from Chile to escape the political regime there. They later moved to their first home in Hyde Street, Footscray, which they shared with friends.
- Digital image file. A digital photograph was taken of the original colour print.
- Description Of Content:
- Mother and father, sitting on a chair, holding a baby. The room has grey clinker brick walls and a wood veneer cupboard. A brightly coloured toy is sitting on the floor at right. A table is in the foreground. Ornaments decorate the room.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Ms Alicia Diaz, 2006
- Contributed by Ms Alicia Diaz
|Tagged with:||chilean communities, chilean immigration, families, migrants|
|Themes this item is part of:||Post World War II Immigration in Photographs, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Migration Collection, Melbourne's Biggest Family Album Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Accommodation - Hostels|
|Tertiary Classification:||family portraits|
|People Depicted:||Diaz, Alicia; Diaz, Eduardo; Diaz, Pablo|
|Organisations Depicted:||Midway Migrant Hostel|
|Format:||Digital Still Image: Colour; Tiff|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Maribyrnong, Victoria, Australia, 1974
Source of Date Depicted: Contributor's memory.
|Photographer:||Ms Alicia Diaz|