Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Fitzroy, Australia
Digital Photograph - Mother, Father, Baby & Four Sons, near State Bank, Fitzroy, 1957 Reg. No: MM 110980
- Black and white photograph showing the Andrianakis family standing near their home in James Street, Fitzroy, 1957. From left to right: Peter, Georgia, Kevin, Angelo, Phillip, Arthur, and Dimosthenis Andrianakis.
The Andriankis family had lived at the house for two years, having arrived from the Peloponese, Greece, in 1955. They shared a house with relations, also in Fitzroy, before moving to James Street. They bought the James Street house and shared it with two other families and two bachelors. The family home is not in picture, however the State Bank building on Brunswick Street is visible to the left of the picture and factories are visible in the background at right.
- Digital image file. A digital photograph was taken of the original black and white print.
- Description Of Content:
- Mother holding baby, standing next to father and four sons, on street next to a Commonwealth Bank. Two men are walking along a street in the background.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Mr Phillip Andrianakis, 2006
- Contributed by Mr Phillip Andrianakis
|Tagged with:||banks, families, immigration, portraits|
|Themes this item is part of:||Migration Collection, Melbourne's Biggest Family Album Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Settlement - First Home & Family|
|Tertiary Classification:||images (to be classified)|
|People Depicted:||Andrianakis, Peter; Andrianakis, Georgia; Andrianakis, Kevin; Andrianakis, Angelo; Andrianakis, Phillip; Andrianakis, Arthur; Andrianakis, Dimosthenis|
|Organisations Depicted:||State Bank of Victoria, Brunswick Street, Fitzroy Branch|
|Format:||Digital Still Image: Black & White; Tiff|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia, 1957|
Relationship of Photographer to Contributor: Neighbour from Greece.