Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Seddon, Australia
Similar items over time
Digital Photograph - Extended Family Celebrating Christening, Macedonian Orthodox Church, Seddon, 1990 Reg. No: MM 110991
- Colour photograph showing the christening of Alexander Spasevski at the Macedonian Orthodox church in Victoria Street, Seddon, a western suburb in Melbourne, on 5 August 1990. Baby Alexander is held by his godfather Nick Anastasovski, with his godmother Sophie Anastasovski holding two decorated candles. Alexander's parents, Anastasija and Todorce, are to the left at the front. His godparent's parents are at right, including Mise and Dragica Anastasovski.
- Digital image file. A digital photograph was taken of the original colour print.
- Description Of Content:
- An extended family standing in the interior of an Orthodox Church. A woman in a white dress, standing in the centre, is holding two candles decorated with blue dolls and white tulle. A man in a black suit standing to her left is holding a baby dressed in white. A candle in a metal stand is at front left.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Mrs Mary Sparrius, 2006
- Contributed by Mrs Mary Sparrius
|Tagged with:||babies, christenings, churches, families, religions|
|Themes this item is part of:||Public Life & Institutions Collection, Melbourne's Biggest Family Album Collection|
|Primary Classification:||CELEBRATIONS & TRADITIONS|
|Secondary Classification:||Baptisms & Christenings|
|Tertiary Classification:||family gatherings|
|People Depicted:||Spasevski, Anastasija; Spasevski, Todorce; Anastasovski, Sophie ; Spasevski, Alexander; Anastasovski, Nick; Anastasovski, Mise; Anastasovski, Dragica|
|Organisations Depicted:||Macedonian Orthodox Church, Seddon|
|Format:||Digital Still Image: Colour; Tiff|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Seddon, Victoria, Australia, 08 May 1990
Source of Date Depicted: Inscription on back of photograph.