Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Ringwood East, Australia
Digital Photograph - One Boy and Five Girls in Circular Wading Pool, Backyard, Ringwood East, 1965 Reg. No: MM 111052
- Black and white photograph featuring the Ellerbock family children and a family friend in a wading pool in the Ellerbock family backyard, Ringwood East, 1965. This was the family's first pool.
The Ellerbock family immigrated from Upper Austria to Australia in 1955. They were sponsored, and their sponsors arranged for them to have temporary accommodation in Ringwood East from July 1955 to May 1956. They then settled in the area, and Mr Ellerbock was naturalised in 1961.
Photograph collected as part of Melbourne's Biggest Family Album in 2006.
- Digital image file. A digital photograph was taken of the original black and white print.
- Description Of Content:
- One boy and five girls in a circular wading pool in the backyard. The girl front centre is kneeling in the water and wearing a striped shirt. A shed is in the background and behind that is a house.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Mrs Ingrid Cuttiford, 2006
- Contributed by Mrs Ingrid Cuttiford
|Tagged with:||backyards, children s play, leisure, sheds, swimming, swimming pools, water|
|Themes this item is part of:||Domestic & Community Life Collection, Leisure Collection, Melbourne's Biggest Family Album Collection|
|Primary Classification:||RECREATION & TOURISM|
|People Depicted:||Ellerbock, Ron; Ellerbock, Anna jnr; Ellerbock, Hanne; Ellerbock, Ingrid; Ellerbock, Liz; unknown family friend; Smith, Marie|
|Format:||Digital Still Image: Black & White; Tiff|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Ringwood East, Victoria, Australia, 1965|