Search the collections
Display Table - Withdrawing Room, Dolls' House, 'Pendle Hall', 1940s Reg. No: HT 25759
- Display table from Room 11 - Withdrawing Room, Ground floor, Main Building Section, Pendle Hall. From near centre front of room.
It was created by Felicity Clemons as part of a 40 project to create a grand fully-furnished Georgian style country dolls' house. The project began in the 1940's when Felicity's daughter, Antonia, was given a three-room dolls' house by her grandmother. Mrs Clemons was not happy with its scale or authenticity and so began a rebuilding project which resulted in a four storey grand house, now known as Pendle Hall. Although some items were purchased during shopping trips to Melbourne, the majority of furnishings were constructed by Felicity's own hands, using numerous reference books and magazines.
- Rectangular display table. Hinged glass top and four sides. Bow legs under table. Silk lining inside of table.
- Acquisition Information:
- Tax Donation, 2010
|Dimensions:||58 mm (Height), 60 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||crafts, furniture, doll houses, british history|
|Themes this item is part of:||Pendle Hall Dolls' House, Pendle Hall Dolls' House - Room 11 Withdrawing Room, Childhood & Youth Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Leisure Collection|
|Primary Classification:||GAMES & TOYS|
|Secondary Classification:||Dolls' Accessories|
|Tertiary Classification:||dolls' houses|
|Maker:||Mrs Felicity Clemons, Tasmania, Australia, 1940-1980|