Search the collections
Food Safe - Kitchen, Dolls' House, 'Pendle Hall', 1940s Reg. No: HT 25760
- Food safe from Room 6 - Kitchen, Basement Central Section, Pendle Hall. From left side back wall.
It was created by Felicity Clemons as part of a 40 project to create a grand fully-furnished Georgian style country dolls' house. The project began in the 1940's when Felicity's daughter, Antonia, was given a three-room dolls' house by her grandmother. Mrs Clemons was not happy with its scale or authenticity and so began a rebuilding project which resulted in a four storey grand house, now known as Pendle Hall. Although some items were purchased during shopping trips to Melbourne, the majority of furnishings were constructed by Felicity's own hands, using numerous reference books and magazines.
- Wooden cabinet with turned legs and decorative carved top section forming openings for air circulation. There is a central door on hinges.
- Acquisition Information:
- Tax Donation, 2010
|Dimensions:||114 mm (Height), 90 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||crafts, furniture, food storage preservation, doll houses, british history|
|Themes this item is part of:||Pendle Hall Dolls' House, Pendle Hall Dolls' House - Room 6 Kitchen, Childhood & Youth Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Leisure Collection|
|Primary Classification:||GAMES & TOYS|
|Secondary Classification:||Dolls' Accessories|
|Tertiary Classification:||dolls' houses|
|Maker:||Mrs Felicity Clemons, Tasmania, Australia, 1940-1980|