Search the collections
Ladder - Larder & Store Room, Dolls' House, 'Pendle Hall', 1940s Reg. No: HT 25766
- Ladder from Room 1 - Larder & Store Room, Basement, Left Section, Pendle Hall. From centre of room, positioned between the larder shelves and the meat cool store.
It was created by Felicity Clemons as part of a 40 project to create a grand fully-furnished Georgian style country dolls' house. The project began in the 1940's when Felicity's daughter, Antonia, was given a three-room dolls' house by her grandmother. Mrs Clemons was not happy with its scale or authenticity and so began a rebuilding project which resulted in a four storey grand house, now known as Pendle Hall. Although some items were purchased during shopping trips to Melbourne, the majority of furnishings were constructed by Felicity's own hands, using numerous reference books and magazines.
- Wooden step ladder with attached rail along one side. The rail has turned bannisters. There is no rail or bannister along the left hand side and it is missing a supporting frame on the left hand side.
- Acquisition Information:
- Cultural Gifts Donation, 2010
|Dimensions:||180 mm (Height), 37 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||crafts, furniture, doll houses, british history|
|Themes this item is part of:||Pendle Hall Dolls' House, Pendle Hall Dolls' House - Room 1 Larder & Store Room, Childhood & Youth Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Leisure Collection|
|Primary Classification:||GAMES & TOYS|
|Secondary Classification:||Dolls' Accessories|
|Tertiary Classification:||dolls' houses|
|Maker:||Mrs Felicity Clemons, Tasmania, Australia, 1940-1980|