Search the collections
Similar items over time
Booklet - 'Graduate Diploma in Data Processing', 1977 Reg. No: HT 25768
- Booklet forms part of the history of computing in Melbourne and of the donor's father, Russell Grevatt's (1927-1998), collection. Russell worked in computers from 1947 until 1977 with the one company, learning and upgrading skills with each change. He started as a 'punch mechanic', became an electronic engineer (computer faults), then a Field Engineer and finally a Field Engineering Manager before retiring.
The donor, Russell's daughter, studied the Graduate Diploma in Data Processing in 1975 (before personal computers), became a programmer, and for a short time, in 1982, a lecturer in computer studies at Prahran TAFE. Dr Trevor Pearcey was one of her lecturers in 1975. She was a numeracy/literacy tutor for about thirty years as well as a professional musician and performer.
- 9 page booklet outlining course description for a Data Processing course. Yellow cover, stapled at spine. Black printed text.
- Statement Of Significance:
- These items form part of both the history of computing in Melbourne and of Russell Grevatt?s experience in early computing in Australia (1927-1998).
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms Jill Grevatt, 2010
|Dimensions:||297 mm (Height), 207 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||computing, computer engineering, working life, work|
|Themes this item is part of:||Information & Communication Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMPUTING & CALCULATING|
|Secondary Classification:||Digital Computing|
|Tertiary Classification:||personal & professional effects|
|Inscriptions:||Text, printed front cover: Caulfield/Institute of/Technology/Department of/Electronic Processing/Graduate Diploma in/Data Processing/(Full-time and part-time)/The course has been gazetted by the/Australian Government as approved for the/Cadet Computer Systems Officer Scheme./The Australian Computer Society has approved/the course as satisfying the Society's/knowledge requirements for asmissions to/corporate membership for Grade of Member./1977.|
|Other Association (See Comments):||The British Tabulating Machine Company, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1927-1977
Russell Grevatt's employer
|Publisher:||Caulfield Institute of Technology SRC, Caulfield, Victoria, Australia, 1977|