Search the collections
Transistors - AWA, Silicon Planar, circa 1968 Reg. No: HT 26119
- Ten transistors, at two stages of production. Five of which are separate and are complete but all unlabelled because they are rejects. Another five transistors are still mounted on the metal strip, from which their leads will stamped out.
- Three transistors, each with three wires protruding from a small aluminium flattened cylinder. Two transistors, with gold plated leads, each with four wires protruding from a small metal cylinder. Five transistors (flattened aluminium cylinder), attached to a wafer of metal.
- Acquisition Information:
- Collected from Amalgamated Wireless (Australasia) Ltd (AWA)
|Dimensions:||15 mm (Height), 40 mm (Width)|
|Themes this item is part of:||Information & Communication Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Semi-Conductor Technology|
|Inscriptions:||Items with flattened aluminium cylinder: "AWV"
Note accompanying HT 26114:
1) STRIP ON PVC IS A COLLECTOR WITH SILICON CHIP EXPOSED FOR ETCHING AND COLLECTING
2) EARLY GERMANIUM TRANSISTORS
3) 2 EXPOSED GERMANIUM TRANSISTORS
4) EARLY ALUMINIUM CASE TRANSISTORS
4A) SILICON PLANAR TRANSISTORS
5) GERMANIUM POWER TRANSISTORS
6) EARLY GERMANIUM POWER TRANSISTOR, TYPE 2N301
Printed at bottom: 1879 1979/100 YEARS ELECTRIC LIGHT
|manufacturer:||Amalgamated Wirelss Valve Company, Rydalmere, New South Wales, Australia, circa 1968|