Search the collections
Photograph - Eastern Annexe, Exhibition Building, Melbourne, 1947 Reg. No: MM 124015
- Black & white photograph of the eastern annexe of the Exhibition Building from the north west, taken in 1947. The photograph shows the northern side of the eastern annexe that, at this time, housed the White Ensign Club and Australian War Museum.
This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.
- A black & white silver gelatin print on a page of a photograph album. There is a printed caption below the photograph.
- Description Of Content:
- A view looking south over a large grassy area to the eastern annexe of the Exhibition Building. A row of trees are on the right hand side of the photograph.
|Dimensions:||190 mm (Height), 240 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||buildings, royal exhibition building, royal exhibition building trustees|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection, Royal Exhibition Building Collection|
|Primary Classification:||ROYAL EXHIBITION BUILDING|
|Secondary Classification:||Building & Infrastructure|
|Tertiary Classification:||buildings & grounds|
|Inscriptions:||The Exhibition Building (eastern annexe, north wing) from north-west/ 1947 showing the rear of White Ensign Club and Australian War Museum./ Development of this area shown next photograph.|
|Format:||Photograph: Black & White|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Royal Exhibition Building (REB), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1947|
|User of Item Depicted:||White Ensign Club, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1947|