Search the collections
Photograph - Eastern Annexe, Exhibition Building, Melbourne, circa 1977 Reg. No: MM 124018
- Black & white photograph of the eastern annexe of the Exhibition Building, taken circa 1977. The photograph shows the northern car park that replaced the White Ensign Club and Australian War Museum and one of two 30 metre light poles installed in the car park in 1976.
This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.
- A black & white silver gelatin print on a page of a photograph album. There is a printed caption below the photograph.
- Description Of Content:
- A view of the Exhibition Building from the northern car park looking east, showing the asphalt car park in the foreground and the eastern annexe and trees in the background.
|Dimensions:||190 mm (Height), 240 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||lighting, buildings, royal exhibition building, royal exhibition building trustees|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection, Royal Exhibition Building Collection|
|Primary Classification:||ROYAL EXHIBITION BUILDING|
|Secondary Classification:||Building & Infrastructure|
|Tertiary Classification:||buildings & grounds|
|Inscriptions:||The Exhibition Building (eastern annexe south wing) 1977 northern car/ park east has replaced White Ensign Club and Australian War Museum,/ Royale Ballroom is on right; centre: one of the two thirty metre/ poles erected April 1976.|
|Format:||Photograph: Black & White|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Royal Exhibition Building (REB), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1977|