Search the collections
Photograph - Second Stage Demolition of Western Annexe, Exhibition Building, Melbourne, 1967 Reg. No: MM 124050
- Black & white photograph of the northern section of the western annexe of the Exhibition Building most of which has been demolished, taken in 1967. The northern section of the western annexe was demolished between March and May 1967.
This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.
- A black & white silver gelatin print on a page of a photograph album. There is a printed caption below the photograph.
- Description Of Content:
- The remaining portion of the northern section of the western annexe is in the middleground of the photograph with two trees and a parking area with cars in the foreground and Rathdowne Street and part of the northern Carlton Gardens in the background. Part of a railing can be seen in the immediate foreground.
|Dimensions:||192 mm (Height), 249 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||buildings, royal exhibition building, construction works, car parks, royal exhibition building trustees|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection, Royal Exhibition Building Collection|
|Primary Classification:||ROYAL EXHIBITION BUILDING|
|Secondary Classification:||Building & Infrastructure|
|Tertiary Classification:||buildings & grounds|
|Inscriptions:||Master Plan Stage 2 - Development old western annexe site northern/ section March 9th-May 12th 1967./ Second stage of demolition.|
|Format:||Photograph: Black & White|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Royal Exhibition Building (REB), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1967|