Search the collections
Photograph - Conversion of Northern Western Annexe Site to Car Park, Exhibition Building, Melbourne, 1967 Reg. No: MM 124052
- Black & white photograph of the site of the northern section of the western annexe of the Exhibition Building being prepared as a car park in 1967. The northern section of the western annexe was demolished between March and May 1967.
This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.
- A black & white silver gelatin print on a page of a photograph album. There is a printed caption below the photograph.
- Description Of Content:
- Rollers and machinery preparing to asphalt the site of the old northern section of the western annexe. In the foreground is the existing car park with cars and two trees. Rathdowne Street and buildings can be seen in the background.
|Dimensions:||195 mm (Height), 250 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||buildings, royal exhibition building, construction works, car parks, royal exhibition building trustees|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection, Royal Exhibition Building Collection|
|Primary Classification:||ROYAL EXHIBITION BUILDING|
|Secondary Classification:||Building & Infrastructure|
|Tertiary Classification:||buildings & grounds|
|Inscriptions:||Master Plan Stage 2 - Development old western annexe site northern/ section March 9th-May12th 1967./ Preparations for paving former site of Motor Registration Branch office.|
|Format:||Photograph: Black & White|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Royal Exhibition Building (REB), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1967|