Search the collections
Photograph - Western Section of Northern Car Park, Exhibition Building, Melbourne, 1977 Reg. No: MM 124053
- Black & white photograph of the western section of the northern car park, previously the site of the western annexe, taken in 1977. The photograph shows the car park full of cars and an amenities block in the middle.
This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.
- A black & white silver gelatin print on a page of a photograph album. There is a printed caption below the photograph.
- Description Of Content:
- Large asphalted car park full of cars with a few trees dispersed throughout and Rathdowne St in the background. The southern section of the western annexe can be seen on the left hand side of the photograph.
|Dimensions:||190 mm (Height), 242 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||buildings, royal exhibition building, construction works, car parks, royal exhibition building trustees|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection, Royal Exhibition Building Collection|
|Primary Classification:||ROYAL EXHIBITION BUILDING|
|Secondary Classification:||Building & Infrastructure|
|Tertiary Classification:||buildings & grounds|
|Inscriptions:||Master Plan Stage 2 - Development old western annexe site northern/ section March 9th-May12th 1967./ The scene July 1977 - now the western section of northern car park./ Rathdowne Street and St. George's Church in background.|
|Format:||Photograph: Black & White|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Royal Exhibition Building (REB), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1977|