Search the collections
Photograph - Northern Section of Western Annexe, Exhibition Building, Melbourne, 1967 Reg. No: MM 124054
- Black & white photograph of the northern section of the western annexe of the Exhibition Building, taken in 1967. This view is from Rathdowne Street looking east at the Motor Registration Branch office and Exhibition Police Station. The northern section of the western annexe was demolished between March and May 1967.
This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.
- A black & white silver gelatin print on a page of a photograph album. There is a printed caption below the photograph.
- Description Of Content:
- The northern section of the western annexe building with a portable building and car park in front of it and two palm trees.
|Dimensions:||194 mm (Height), 250 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||buildings, royal exhibition building, construction works, car parks, royal exhibition building trustees, exterior views, royal exhibition building history of events 1960-1969|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection, Royal Exhibition Building Collection|
|Primary Classification:||ROYAL EXHIBITION BUILDING|
|Secondary Classification:||Building & Infrastructure|
|Tertiary Classification:||buildings & grounds|
|Inscriptions:||Master Plan Stage 2 - Development old western annexe site northern/ section March 9th-May 12th 1967./ Motor Registration Branch office and Exhibition Police Station March/ 1967 from Rathdowne Street looking east.|
|Format:||Photograph: Black & White|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Royal Exhibition Building (REB), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1967|