Search the collections
Photograph - Demolition of Northern Section of Eastern Annexe, Exhibition Building, Melbourne, 1971 Reg. No: MM 124064
- Black & white photograph of the demolished northern section of the eastern annexe of the Exhibition Building, 1971. In this photograph the White Ensign Club section of the building has been demolished to reveal the rear of the Director's residence. The northern section of the eastern annexe was demolished between August and September 1971.
This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.
- A black & white silver gelatin print on a page of a photograph album. There is a printed caption below the photograph.
- Description Of Content:
- Demolished northern section of eastern annexe viewed from north west. In the foreground is bricks and rubble with the southern section of the eastern annexe in the middle ground.
|Dimensions:||171 mm (Height), 244 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||buildings, royal exhibition building, construction works, royal exhibition building trustees, demolition equipment, royal exhibition building history of events 1970-1979|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection, Royal Exhibition Building Collection|
|Primary Classification:||ROYAL EXHIBITION BUILDING|
|Secondary Classification:||Building & Infrastructure|
|Tertiary Classification:||eastern annexe|
|Inscriptions:||Master Plan - Stage 3 - Development old eastern annexe site northern/ section August 31st - September 30th 1971./ Photograph west shows demolition of White Ensign Club and reveals rear/ of "The Residency" Director's residence - September 20th 1971.|
|Format:||Photograph: Black & White|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Royal Exhibition Building (REB), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, circa 1971|