Search the collections
Photograph - Redeveloped Site of Northern Section of Eastern Annexe, Exhibition Building, Melbourne, 1972 Reg. No: MM 124066
- Black & white photograph of the redeveloped site of the northern section of the eastern annexe of the Exhibition Building, 1972. The northern section of the eastern annexe was demolished between August and September 1971. This photograph shows the rear section of the Director's residency, the 'Mews' and the new car park.
This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.
- A black & white silver gelatin print on a page of a photograph album. There is a printed caption below the photograph.
- Description Of Content:
- In the foreground is a car park with parked cars, grass divider strip and lighting pole with the residency in the middle ground on the left and the southern section of the eastern annexe on the right hand side of the photograph.
|Dimensions:||192 mm (Height), 240 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||buildings, royal exhibition building, car parks, royal exhibition building trustees|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection, Royal Exhibition Building Collection|
|Primary Classification:||ROYAL EXHIBITION BUILDING|
|Secondary Classification:||Building & Infrastructure|
|Tertiary Classification:||eastern annexe|
|Inscriptions:||Master Plan - Stage 3 - Development old eastern annexe site northern/ section August 31st - September 30th 1971./ Rear section of "The Residency" remodeled "Mews" and new car/ park April 1972.|
|Format:||Photograph: Black & White|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Royal Exhibition Building (REB), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1972|