Search the collections
Photograph - Redeveloped Site of Northern Section of Eastern Annexe, Exhibition Building, Melbourne, circa 1977 Reg. No: MM 124067
- Black & white photograph of the redeveloped site of the northern section of the eastern annexe of the Exhibition Building, circa 1977. The northern section of the eastern annexe was demolished between August and September 1971. This photograph shows the Director's residency, the 'Mews' and the eastern section of the northern car park.
This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.
- A black & white silver gelatin print on a page of a photograph album. There is a printed caption below the photograph.
- Description Of Content:
- In the foreground is a car park with parked Ford Cortina and Toyota Corona cars nearest camera, mature divider strip with shrubs and lighting pole. The residency is in the middle ground on the left and buildings on Nicholson Street can be seen in the background.
|Dimensions:||185 mm (Height), 236 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||buildings, royal exhibition building, car parks, royal exhibition building trustees|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection, Royal Exhibition Building Collection|
|Primary Classification:||ROYAL EXHIBITION BUILDING|
|Secondary Classification:||Building & Infrastructure|
|Tertiary Classification:||eastern annexe|
|Inscriptions:||Master Plan - Stage 3 - Development old eastern annexe site northern/ section August 31st - September 30th 1971./ New aspect of "The Residency" building and grounds of which were/ extended, remodeled "Mews", originally nursery stables, and now Trust/ workshops and garage. Main area is now eastern section of northern car park.|
|Model Name/Number:||Cortina; Corona|
|Format:||Photograph: Black & White|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Royal Exhibition Building (REB), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1977|