Search the collections
Photograph - Northern Section of Eastern Annexe, Exhibition Building, Melbourne, 1971 Reg. No: MM 124068
- Black & white photograph of the northern section of the eastern annexe of the Exhibition Building, 30 August 1971. The northern section of the eastern annexe was demolished between August and September 1971. This photograph shows the Director's residency, War Museum store and White Ensign Club prior to redevelopment.
This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.
- A black & white silver gelatin print on a page of a photograph album. There is a printed caption below the photograph.
- Description Of Content:
- In the foreground is a car park with parked cars with a fence dividing the car park and the eastern annexe buildings. Mature trees grow on the western side of the fence in front of the residency and the annexe building.
|Dimensions:||188 mm (Height), 247 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||buildings, royal exhibition building, car parks, royal exhibition building trustees|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection, Royal Exhibition Building Collection|
|Primary Classification:||ROYAL EXHIBITION BUILDING|
|Secondary Classification:||Building & Infrastructure|
|Tertiary Classification:||eastern annexe|
|Inscriptions:||Master Plan - Stage 3 - Development old eastern annexe site northern/ section August 31st - September 30th 1971 from Nicholson Street - August/ 30th 1971./ Left: "The Residency", rear of which is War Museum store and White/ Ensign Club./ Right: Entrance White Ensign Club. This area was original secretary's/ residence from 1890 to 1927.|
|Format:||Photograph: Black & White|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Royal Exhibition Building (REB), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1971|