Search the collections
Photograph - Construction of New Entrance to Convention Centre, Exhibition Building, Melbourne, 1977 Reg. No: MM 124179
- Black & white photograph of form work and construction for the new facade entrance to the convention centre, taken 16 August 1977. The new entrance to the convention centre was built as part of phase 3 of the development of the eastern annexe, undertaken between February and September 1977.
This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.
- A black & white silver gelatin print on a page of a photograph album. There is a printed caption below the photograph.
- Description Of Content:
- A view of a building under construction, with part of the existing building to the left of the photograph. In the foreground the roofs of four parked cars can be seen as well as a bust statue atop a plinth.
- Acquisition Information:
- Transfer from Trustees of the Royal Exhibition Building (REB), 2000
|Dimensions:||177 mm (Height), 242 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||buildings, royal exhibition building, building construction, royal exhibition building trustees|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection, Royal Exhibition Building Collection|
|Primary Classification:||ROYAL EXHIBITION BUILDING|
|Secondary Classification:||Building & Infrastructure|
|Tertiary Classification:||convention centre|
|Inscriptions:||Master Plan Stage 5 - Development old eastern annexe Phase 3./ Second section new annexe February 4th 1977./ New facade entrance to convention centre and lift at August 16th/ 1977.|
|Format:||Photograph: Black & White|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Royal Exhibition Building (REB), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1977|