Search the collections
Photograph - Completed Centennial Hall, Trustees' Board Room, Exhibition Building, Melbourne, 1983 Reg. No: MM 124310
- Colour photograph of the Exhibition Trustees' Board Room in Centennial Hall, taken on 20 January 1983.
This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.
- A colour photographic print on a page of a photograph album. The image shows the view from within the board room of the Exhibition Trustees in the Centennial Hall in January 1983. The view is from the end of the board table looking across the board room through a pair of concertina folding doors, pulled back against the walls, and through the room's entrance doorway into the Board Room ante-room. A circular white table in the background has a vase of flowers on top, while a man and a woman are posed in the doorway. Inside the board room, either side of the door, a series of photographic portraits are hung on the wall. There is a printed caption below the photograph.
- Acquisition Information:
- Transfer from Trustees of the Royal Exhibition Building (REB), 2000
|Dimensions:||251 mm (Height), 201 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||exhibitions melbourne international 1880-1881, buildings, royal exhibition building, royal exhibition building trustees|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection, Royal Exhibition Building Collection|
|Primary Classification:||ROYAL EXHIBITION BUILDING|
|Secondary Classification:||Building & Infrastructure|
|Tertiary Classification:||centennial hall|
|Inscriptions:||Trustees Board Room - 20th January 1983.|
|Format:||Photograph: Black & White|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Royal Exhibition Building (REB), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1880-1881|