Search the collections
Photograph - Plaque Commemorating the State Parliament Occupation of the Western Annexe, Exhibition Building, Melbourne, circa 1981 Reg. No: MM 124521
- Colour photograph of a plaque commemorating the occupation of the Western Annexe by the Victorian State Parliament between 1901 and 1927, unveiled by the Victorian Premier, the Hon. Richard 'Dick' Hamer on 9 May 1981.
This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.
- A colour photograph print on a page of a photograph album.
- Description Of Content:
- Bronze plaque commemorating the occupation of the Western Annexe of the Exhibition Building by the Victorian State Parliament between 1901 and 1927, mounted on a stone plinth.
- Acquisition Information:
- Transfer from Trustees of the Royal Exhibition Building (REB), 2000
|Dimensions:||253 mm (Height), 202 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||royal exhibition building, commemorations, parliament houses, royal exhibition building trustees, plaques|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection, Royal Exhibition Building Collection|
|Primary Classification:||ROYAL EXHIBITION BUILDING|
|Secondary Classification:||Building & Infrastructure|
|Tertiary Classification:||state parliament|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Royal Exhibition Building (REB), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1981|