Search the collections
Photograph - Great Hall & Centennial Hall, Royal Exhibition Building, Melbourne, 1982 Reg. No: MM 124879
- Colour photograph of the eastern entrance to the Great Hall and the recently constructed Centennial Hall which replaced the Eastern Annexe. Centennial Hall was constructed between August 1979 and September 1980. It was officially opened on Centenary Day, 1 October 1980, by Her Royal Highness Princess Alexandra, The Honourable Mrs Angus Ogilvy, to commemorate the centenary of the opening of the Exhibition Building for the Melbourne International Exhibition in 1880.
This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.
- A colour photographic print on a page of a photograph album. There is a printed caption below the photograph.
- Description Of Content:
- View of the main eastern entrance to the Great Hall to the left and Centennial Hall with reflective exterior to the right in photograph.
|Dimensions:||200 mm (Height), 250 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||exhibitions melbourne international 1880-1881, buildings, royal exhibition building, royal exhibition building trustees, royal exhibition building centennial hall, royal exhibition building history of events 1980-1989, royal exhibition building great hall|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection, Royal Exhibition Building Collection|
|Primary Classification:||ROYAL EXHIBITION BUILDING|
|Secondary Classification:||Building & Infrastructure|
|Tertiary Classification:||great hall|
|Inscriptions:||Printed below photograph: Same site 1982.|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Royal Exhibition Building (REB), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1982|