Search the collections
Similar items over time
Leaflet - 'Map & Visitor Guide Yea & Kinglake Ranges',Tourism Victoria, Victoria, circa 2008 Reg. No: HT 26263
- The official visitors' map of Yea & Kinglake Ranges published by Tourism Victoria, circa 2008. It has a large detailed motor map of Kinglake Ranges and a smaller map of Yea. The pamphlet includes advertising for local businesses such as accommodation, attractions and activities.
This was collected in February 2009 following Black Saturday for the Victorian Bushfires Collection.
- Large format double-sided pamphlet folded to DL size, full colour throughout. Pamphlet opens up to reveal large map on one side and list of advertisements on the reverse side. When folded front cover has a picture of rainforest and a creek.
- Statement Of Significance:
- This pamphlet presents a poignant snapshot of the tourist services and infrastructure which was present before the Black Saturday bushfires. Many of the landscapes and establishments listed in the pamphlet no longer exist or have been greatly impacted by the bushfires, and this demonstrates the strain the bushfires have had, and continue to have on the environment, economy and community of Yea and Kinglake Ranges.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms Margaret Baker - Yarra Valley Regional Tourism Association, 2010
|Dimensions:||415 mm (Height), 396 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||tourism, maps, tourist resorts|
|Themes this item is part of:||Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Bushfires Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Natural Disasters|
|Inscriptions:||MAP & VISITOR GUIDE/YEA & KINGLAKE RANGES/VICTORIA.AUSTRALIA/ You'll love every piece of Victoria/ visitvictoria.com|
|Publisher:||Tourism Victoria, Victoria, Australia, 2008|