Search the collections
Pamphlet - 'Stage 4 Water Restrictions Apply', GWM Water, Victoria, Mar 2009 Reg. No: HT 26265
- Pamphlet titled 'Stage 4 Water Restrictions Apply', published in March 2009 by Grampians Wimmera Mallee Water (GWM Water). It summarizes water use restrictions for residential, commercial and public properties during Stage 4 restrictions in the Grampians, Wimmera and the Mallee regions of Victoria. The pamphlet also outlines the contact point for exemptions from these restrictions.
This was collected in May 2009 from the office of the Horsham Rural City Council, for the Victorian Bushfires Collection.
- Tri-fold pamphlet, two colour, front cover features GWM Water logo and titled Stage 4 Water Restrictions apply
- Statement Of Significance:
- With over 12 years of drought, water restrictions were commonplace in regional Victoria prior to Black Saturday, and communities were aware of the drain on water resources. Low dam levels and restricted water supply added to the difficulty of fire fighting. In 2010 Horsham and the surrounding areas experienced significant flooding, demonstrating the challenges faced by local government and other authorities when dealing with responses to natural disasters such as fire or flood. As climate events experienced in Australia are becoming more extreme, the lag and gap in provision of relevant and timely information suitable for the extremes of climate change is being demonstrated by objects of this type.
- Acquisition Information:
- Collected from Ms Liza Dale-Hallett - Museum Victoria Collections, Research & Exhibitions, 2010
|Dimensions:||100 mm (Height), 210 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||droughts, water conservation, floods|
|Themes this item is part of:||Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Bushfires Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Natural Disasters|
|Inscriptions:||Printed on cover: GWMWater / Stage / 4 / Water Restrictions Apply
Printed on back cover: GWMWater
|Author:||Grampians Wimmera Mallee Water, Horsham, Victoria, Australia, Mar 2009|
|Organisation Named:||Horsham Rural City Council, Horsham, Victoria, Australia, May 2009|