Search the collections
Similar items over time
Pamphlet - 'Prepare Act Survive', Country Fire Authority, Victoria, 2009 Reg. No: HT 26266
- CFA pamphlet 'Prepare Act Survive', which educates people about the precautions to take when travelling by car during the bushfire season. It details fire danger ratings, fire safety on the road and emergency and information phone numbers.
This was collected in May 2009 from the Horsham CFA office for the Victorian Bushfires Collection.
- 6 page roll fold pamphlet printed full colour throughout on card stock. Title text is reversed white out of red background. Various logos reversed out of a green strip at bottom.
- Statement Of Significance:
- Many people found their safety threatened when travelling in fire prone areas on Black Saturday and indeed some lives were lost in their cars. The need for marketing campaigns to educate the public about the do's and dont's regarding car travel during high fire danger days is high. This pamphlet is a small part in a larger information strategy to educate the community during bushfires.
- Acquisition Information:
- Collected from Nicholas Crotty - Museum Victoria Collections, Research & Exhibitions, 2010
|Dimensions:||150 mm (Height), 105 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||bushfires, roads, travel tourism, bushfire prevention|
|Themes this item is part of:||Domestic & Community Life Collection, Information & Communication Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Bushfires Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Natural Disasters|
|Inscriptions:||PREPARE. / ACT. / SURVIVE. / Your handy guide for travelling during / Bushfire Season 09/10. / Supported by: / RACV / ROYAL AUTO / www.cfa.vic.gov.au CFA|
|Publisher:||CFA Headquarters, Victoria, Australia, 2009|
|Partner Organisation:||Royal Automobile Club of Victoria (RACV) Ltd., Victoria, Australia, 2009|
|Organisation Named:||Country Fire Authority (CFA), Horsham, Horsham, Victoria, Australia, May 2009|