Search the collections
Leaflet - 'Official Visitors' Map Marysville, Lake Mountain (Office Copy)', Tourism Victoria, circa 2008 Reg. No: HT 26267
- Official visitors' map for Marysville and Lake Mountain published by Tourism Victoria, circa 2008. It has extensive motor maps of the area ranging from Taggerty to the Yarra Ranges. Detailed smaller location specific maps contain thorough information and include touring routes. The pamphlet includes advertising for local businesses such as accommodation, attractions and activities. Calender events and natural attractions for Marysville, Lake Mountain and surrounding areas are also listed.
- 49 page soft cover pamphlet includes a cover featuring a picture of a wooden bridge and a waterfall . 'OFFICE COPY' is hand written in black marker pen over the title print. The interior includes a large colour fold-out map and colour photographs of local places of interest and businesses.
- Statement Of Significance:
- This pamphlet presents a poignant snapshot of the tourist services and infrastructure which was present before the Black Saturday bushfires. It also demonstrates the dependence of the community on tourism before the bushfires, Many of the landscapes and establishments listed in the pamphlet no longer exist or have been greatly impacted by the bushfires and this demonstrates the strain the bushfires have had, and continue to have on the environment, economy and community of the Upper Yarra Valley and Marysville.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms Margaret Baker - Yarra Valley Regional Tourism Association, 2010
|Dimensions:||211 mm (Height), 101 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||tourism, maps, tourist resorts|
|Themes this item is part of:||Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Bushfires Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Natural Disasters|
|Inscriptions:||Official Visitors' Map/OFFICE COPY/ MARYSVILLE/LAKE MOUNTAIN/BUXTON.NARBETHONG.TAGGERTY/ You'll love every piece of Victoria/VISITVICTORIA.COM/|
|Publisher:||Tourism Victoria, Victoria, Australia, 2008|
|Advertiser:||Lake Mountain Resort, Victoria, Australia, 2008|