Search the collections
Leaflet - 'Upper Yarra Valley & Marysville' Tourism Victoria, Victoria, circa 2008 Reg. No: HT 26271
- The map and tourist route guide for the Upper Yarra Valley & Marysville, published by The Shire of Yarra Ranges and Tourism Victoria, circa 2008. It has an extensive map of the Yarra Ranges National Park and surrounding areas. Detailed smaller location-specific maps contain information and include touring routes. The pamphlet includes advertising for local businesses such as accommodation, attractions and activities.
- Large format double-sided pamphlet folded to DL size, full colour throughout. Pamphlet opens up to reveal large map on one side and list of advertisements on the reverse side. When folded the front cover has a picture of rainforest and a creek.
- Statement Of Significance:
- This pamphlet presents a poignant snapshot of the tourist services and infrastructure which was present before the Black Saturday bushfires. Many of the landscapes and establishments listed in the pamphlet no longer exist or have been greatly impacted by the bushfires, and this demonstrates the strain the bushfires have had, and continue to have on the environment, economy and community of the Upper Yarra Valley and Marysville.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms Margaret Baker - Yarra Valley Regional Tourism Association, 2010
|Dimensions:||420 mm (Height), 498 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||tourism, maps, tourist resorts|
|Themes this item is part of:||Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Bushfires Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Natural Disasters|
|Inscriptions:||Upper Yarra Valley/and/Marysville/Map & Tourist Route Guide|
|Publisher:||Tourism Victoria, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 2008|
|Advertiser:||Lake Mountain Resort, Marysville, Victoria, Australia, 2008|