Search the collections
Similar items over time
Leaflet - 'Official Visitors' Guide 2009 Yarra Valley', Tourism Victoria, Victoria, circa 2008 Reg. No: HT 26264
- The official visitors' map for the Yarra Valley published by Tourism Victoria, circa 2008. It has an extensive motor map of the Yarra Valley. Detailed smaller location specific maps contain thorough information and include touring routes for Yarra Glen, Healesville, Marysville and Warburton. The pamphlet includes advertising for local businesses such as accommodation and activities.
This was collected in February 2009 following Black Saturday for the Victorian Bushfires Collection.
- 44 page soft-cover pamphlet includes a full-colour front cover featuring a picture of a vineyard and includes a large fold-out colour touring map on the back cover. The interior includes colour photographs of local places of interest and businesses.
- Statement Of Significance:
- The pamphlet represents a snapshot of the tourist services and infrastructure which was present before the Black Saturday bushfires. The pamphlet demonstrates the dependence of the community on tourism and highlights the impact of the bushfires on the local environment, economy and community of the Yarra Valley.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms Margaret Baker - Yarra Valley Regional Tourism Association, 2010
|Dimensions:||209 mm (Height), 148 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||tourism, maps, tourist resorts, leisure activities, roads|
|Themes this item is part of:||Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Bushfires Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Natural Disasters|
|Inscriptions:||OFFICIAL VISITORS' GUIDE 2009/YARRA VALLEY/VICTORIA AUSTRALIA/COLDSTREAM YARRA GLEN HEALESVILLE SEVILLE/WARBURTON NILLUMBIK MARYSVILLE/You'll love every piece of Victoria/visitvictoria.com|
|Publisher:||Tourism Victoria, Australia, 2008|
|Advertiser:||Nillumbik Tourism Association, Victoria, Australia, 2008|