Search the collections
Booklet - 'Preparing for the Unexpected', Emergency Management Australia, 3rd Edition, Feb 2008 Reg. No: HT 26289
- Third edition of the booklet 'Preparing for the Unexpected' published by Emergency Management Australia in 2008. It is a ready reference for Australian households and provides clear and practical advice when preparing or dealing with a range of emergencies. There is also a checklist of items needed to make up an emergency kit.
- 32 page saddle stitched booklet printed in full colour throughout. Cover has image of white car on road with emergency service people near it. Yellow text is reversed out of blue at top of booklet.
- Statement Of Significance:
- Many people living in fire prone areas of Victoria found their safety threatened on Black Saturday and indeed lives were lost. The public education campaigns that led to both personal and public decision making that day are significant. This pamphlet has been published and distributed to help the public stay informed with what to do in case of major emergencies but little information is provided about bushfire prevention and response.
- Acquisition Information:
- Collected from Peg Fraser - Museum Victoria Collections, Research & Exhibitions, 2010
|Dimensions:||210 mm (Height), 99 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||bushfires, emergency services, governments|
|Themes this item is part of:||Domestic & Community Life Collection, Information & Communication Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Bushfires Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Natural Disasters|
|Inscriptions:||Australian Government / Attorney-General's Department / Emergency Management Australia / Preparing for / the Unexpected / Third Edition / EMA / 'safer sustainable communities'|
|Publisher:||Australian Commonwealth Government, Victoria, Australia, Feb 2008|