Search the collections
Pamphlet - 'Preparing for Bushfire in our Parks and Forests', Department of Sustainability & Environment, Victoria, Aug 2007 Reg. No: HT 26292
- DSE pamphlet titled 'Preparing for Bushfire in our Parks and Forests', published in 2007. It informs Victorians about the government departments responsible for minimising the area and severity of wildfires. In doing this it details how, where and why prescribed burns take place. It also provides important contact details of organisations to help keep informed with current prescribed burns.
- DL 6 page roll fold pamphlet printed in full colour on 100% recycled paper. Cover image of man in green coveralls and white hard hat walking along the side of a forest road on fire with a fuel lighter in his left hand. Cover text reverses white out of background brown background and image.
- Statement Of Significance:
- Back burning is a contentious issue, which revolves around the necessity for governments to back burn areas of parks and forests. This debate is mainly due to some back burn operations getting out of control and becoming large fires and the complete lack of back burning leading to a build up of fuel in other areas.This pamphlet puts the Government's attitude to back burning into a pre Black Saturday context.
- Acquisition Information:
- Collected from Peg Fraser - Museum Victoria Collections, Research & Exhibitions, 2010
|Dimensions:||210 mm (Height), 100 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||bushfires, government departments, sustainability, government policies, parks, communities, bushfire prevention, wildlife|
|Themes this item is part of:||Domestic & Community Life Collection, Information & Communication Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Bushfires Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Natural Disasters|
|Inscriptions:||Department of / Sustainability and / Environment / preparing for / bushfire in / our parks and forests|
|Publisher:||Department of Sustainability and Environment, Victoria, Australia, Aug 2007|