Search the collections
Pamphlet - 'Operation of Traffic Management Points During Wildfires', State Emergency Response Coordination Unit, Oct 2007 Reg. No: HT 26296
- Pamphlet titled 'Guidelines for thee Operation of Traffic Management Points During Wildfires', published in October 2007 by the State Emergency Response Coordination Unit. It was still available after the February 2009 bushfires. It summarizes emergency response management relating to traffic control to be undertaken by Emergency Service personnel during bushfires.
- Three-fold pamphlet on glossy stock with black text against white and yellow backgrounds, with a red border. Included are the logos of the CFA, Victoria Police and DSE.
- Statement Of Significance:
- The bushfires of February 2009 have changed forever the way in which we think of fire risk. This collection of public education material still available after Black Saturday shows how difficult it is for authorities to keep pace with creating appropriate, current and relevant publications. The inclusion of both flood and fire information for the same region also illustrates the challenges faced by local government and other authorities when dealing with increasing extremes of climate.
- Acquisition Information:
- Collected from Ms Liza Dale-Hallett - Museum Victoria Collections, Research & Exhibitions, 2009
|Dimensions:||295 mm (Height), 140 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||bushfires, emergency services, traffic controls|
|Themes this item is part of:||Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Bushfires Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Natural Disasters|
|Inscriptions:||Printed on cover: Guidelines / for / the / Operation / of / Traffic / Management / Points / During / Wildfires /
Printed on back cover: COMMMUNICATION TO THE PUBLIC
|Publisher:||Government of Victoria Victoria Police, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Oct 2007|
|Publisher:||Country Fire Authority (CFA), East Burwood, Victoria, Australia, Oct 2007|
|Publisher:||Government of Victoria Department of Sustainability and Environment, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Oct 2007|
|References:||http://www.royalcommission.vic.gov.au/getdoc/7f813c36-fa3a-4dab-aa4f-39042fec5ffb/RESP.3001.001.0320 issued oct 2009|