Search the collections
Video - 'NSW Wildfires January 5th-15th 1994', Country Fire Authority, Victoria,1994 Reg. No: MM 111926
- Video titled 'NSW Wildfires January 5th-15th 1994', published by the Country Fire Authority, Victoria,1994. CFA is a volunteer-based emergency management organisation whose members are primarily from communities which face the threat of bushfires. This official CFA video highlights the contribution of the CFA in assisting NSW authorities during the January 1994 bushfires. The video includes footage taken by news agencies and was used for promotional and training purposes. It includes footage of the devastating fires and documents the CFA's largest commitment to an interstate bushfire which began with an initial commitment of 40 fires appliances and 200 personnel quickly expanded to more than 1600 people and 130 vehicles, including 85 fire tankers.
- 3D black video case includes a large colour picture of flames in bushland. Front and back covers include white text over the picture.
- Statement Of Significance:
- The video represents the significant and integral role which the Country Fire Authority (CFA) has within regional communities. The CFA is a volunteer-based emergency management organisation whose members are primarily from regional communities The video is testimony to the professionalism of the CFA and highlights the vital role they played in assisting emergency services in NSW during January 5th-15th 1994 bushfires.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Geoff Hayday - Museum Victoria Customer Service, 2010
|Dimensions:||211 mm (Height), 123 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||fire fighters, fire duty|
|Themes this item is part of:||Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Bushfires Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Natural Disasters|
|Inscriptions:||CFA/ NSW WILDFIRES/January 5th-15th 1994|
|Format:||Video Tape: Colour; VHS PAL|
|Publisher:||CFA Headquarters, East Burwood, Victoria, Australia, 1994|