Search the collections
Pamphlet - 'Horses & Bushfires: A Quick Reference Guide', Country Fire Authority, Victoria, 2007 Reg. No: HT 26315
- CFA pamphlet titled 'Horses & Bushfires: A Quick Reference Guide', published in 2007 and still available after February 2009. It reflects community safety education and emergency response prior to Black Saturday. It recommends actions to be undertaken by horse owners during time of high fire danger such as preparing a safe place or an alternative location for your animals, as well as tips regarding personal safety. It includes emergency contact numbers for the Bushfire Information Line. The brochure reflects current and best practice in application of safety and survival practices during any period of wildfire.
- DL pamphlet, colour, cover images feature horses in a paddock superimposed on a background of two horses standing.
- Statement Of Significance:
- The bushfires of February 2009 have changed forever the way in which we think of fire risk. This collection of public education material still available after Black Saturday shows how difficult it is for authorities to keep pace with creating appropriate, current and relevant publications. The inclusion of both flood and fire information for the same region also illustrates the challenges faced by local government and other authorities when dealing with increasing extremes of climate.
- Acquisition Information:
- Collected from Ms Liza Dale-Hallett - Museum Victoria Collections, Research & Exhibitions, 2009
|Dimensions:||210 mm (Height), 100 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||horses, bushfires, emergency services, natural disasters, fire safety|
|Themes this item is part of:||Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Bushfires Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Natural Disasters|
|Inscriptions:||Printed on cover: Horses / and Bushfires / A / quick reference guide / for horse owners /
Printed on back cover: Further information /
|Publisher:||Country Fire Authority (CFA), East Burwood, Victoria, Australia, 2007|