Search the collections
Similar items over time
Booklet - 'Summer Peril', Victorian State Government, Victoria, 1967 Reg. No: HT 26322
- Booklet titled 'Summer Peril', published by the Victorian State Government in 1967. It was produced to warn the people of Victoria about the upcoming bushfire season and to inform them about what they can do to reduce the incidence of fire in and around their homes and communities. There are four main topics explained in full - Prevention, Protection, Control and Survival. Colour images throughout the booklet illustrate various warnings, tips and helpful hints.
- 44 page saddle stitched booklet printed in full colour throughout
- Statement Of Significance:
- Public education campaigns have led to both personal and public decision making during major bushfire events. They reveal both public and agency understanding of bushfire over time. This booklet, distributed to inform the public about bushfire preparedness prior to the 1967 bushfires reveals an immature approach and yet freely acknowledges the unyielding pervasiveness of bushfire in Victoria.
- Acquisition Information:
- Collected from David Crotty - Museum Victoria Collections, Research & Exhibitions, 2010
|Dimensions:||226 mm (Height), 174 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||bushfires, government policies, bushfire prevention, governments|
|Themes this item is part of:||Domestic & Community Life Collection, Information & Communication Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Bushfires Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Natural Disasters|
|Inscriptions:||SUMMER / PERIL|
|Publisher:||Victorian State Government, Victoria, Australia, 1967|