Search the collections
Similar items over time
Pamphlet - 'Official Touring Map Prom Country', Tourism Victoria, circa 2008 Reg. No: HT 26323
- Official visitors' map of the country around Wilsons Promontory, published by Tourism Victoria, circa 2008. It has an extensive motor map of south-eastern Victoria and includes smaller touring maps for specific locations. The pamphlet includes advertising for local businesses such as accommodation, attractions and activities. Calender events, natural attractions and walking and cycling tracks for Wilsons Promontory and surrounding areas are also listed. In the aftermath of the bushfires, the Environment Minister Gavin Jennings urged the public to visit the national park in an effort to revitalize the economy. The park had been closed to the public for 41 days during the peak summer holiday season. Duplicate of HT 26325.
- Folded soft cover pamphlet includes a cover featuring a picture of a woman in a yellow dress staring out to the sea. The pamphlet folds out to a large colour map and on the reverse includes touring maps and information on local places of interest and events.
- Statement Of Significance:
- This pamphlet represents a snapshot of the tourist services and infrastructure which existed before the February 2009 bushfires, which damaged the natural wilderness of Wilsons Promontory National Park. The pamphlet demonstrates the dependence of the community on tourism and highlights the impact of the bushfires on the local economy and community.
- Acquisition Information:
- Collected from Ms Liza Dale-Hallett - Museum Victoria Collections, Research & Exhibitions, 2010
|Dimensions:||420 mm (Height), 590 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||tourism, maps, tourist resorts|
|Themes this item is part of:||Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Bushfires Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Natural Disasters|
|Inscriptions:||OFFICIAL TOURING MAP/PROM COUNTRY/VICTORIA. AUSTRALIA/KORUMBURRA.LEONGATHA.MIRBOO NORTH/FOSTER. WILSONS PROMONTORY NATIONAL PARK/ You'll love every piece of Victoria/ Prom Country/REGIONAL TOURISM/simply beautiful...naturally|
|Publisher:||Tourism Victoria, Australia, 2008|
|Publisher:||Parks Victoria, Victoria, Australia, 2008|