Search the collections
Booklet - 'A Guide to Building in Victoria After the Bushfires', Victorian State Government, Victoria, Mar 2009 Reg. No: HT 26326
- Booklet titled 'A Guide to Building in Victoria After the Bushfires', published by the Victorian State Government, March 2009. This booklet introduces the new residential building standard for building or rebuilding new houses in Victoria post the Black Saturday bushfires of February 2009. It details six new levels of risk assessment when building a new dwelling, which has been increased from the four levels previously applied in the standard. It specifically discusses the building of houses in bushfire prone areas and advises on what type of construction requirements may be needed depending on where the house is built or rebuilt.
- A4 saddle stitched booklet with 16 pages printed with full colour cover and two colour inside. Cover is predominately navy blue with a red strip running across width. Title text is yellow reversed out of navy blue.
- Statement Of Significance:
- Since Black Saturday there have been significant changes to all aspects of infrastructure development in fire prone areas of Victoria. Documents such as this reveal the State Government response and the many changes in legislation that affected communities have to navigate during the rebuilding process.
- Acquisition Information:
- Collected from David Crotty - Museum Victoria Collections, Research & Exhibitions, 2010
|Dimensions:||297 mm (Height), 210 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||building materials, building industry, bushfires, building construction, bushfire prevention, building plans|
|Themes this item is part of:||Domestic & Community Life Collection, Information & Communication Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Bushfires Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Natural Disasters|
|Inscriptions:||A guide to building in / Victoria after the bushfires / In response to Victoria's devastating bushfires, the Victorian Government has / introduced a new residential building standard. This means people can now start / rebuilding their homes and communities without compromising safety. / The new residential building standard, combined with new / planning measures, came into effect in March 2009 as / an amendment to the Victorian Building Regulations 2006.|
|Publisher:||Building Commission Victoria, Victoria, Australia, Mar 2009|
|Partner Organisation:||Victorian State Government, Victoria, Australia, Mar 2009|
|Partner Organisation:||Plumbing Industry Commission, Mar 2009|