Search the collections
Similar items over time
Pamphlet - 'Visitors' Guide Prom Coast Tourism 2009', Tourism Victoria, circa 2008 Reg. No: HT 26330
- Official visitors' map 'Visitors' Guide Prom Coast Tourism 2009', published by Prom Coast Tourism Inc. It has a simple touring map of the area surrounding Wilsons Promontory National Park. The pamphlet details specific townships and includes brief information and activities which relate to each township. The park was closed to the public for 41 days during the peak summer holiday season. In the aftermath of the bushfires, the Environment Minister Gavin Jennings urged the public to visit the national park in an effort to revitalize the economy.
- DL sized fold-out large pamphlet featuring a colour map. Reverse side has black and white text detailing local places of interest and businesses. When folded the front cover has 3 horizontal colour photos which depict a couple running on the beach, 3 motorcyclists on the road and a fern rainforest.
- Statement Of Significance:
- The pamphlet represents a snapshot of the tourist services and infrastructure which existed before the February 8th 2009 bushfires, which devastated the natural wilderness of Wilsons Promontory National Park. The pamphlet demonstrates the dependence of the community on tourism and highlights the impact of the bushfires on the local economy and community.
- Acquisition Information:
- Collected from Ms Liza Dale-Hallett - Museum Victoria Collections, Research & Exhibitions, 2010
|Dimensions:||300 mm (Height), 624 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||tourism, maps, tourist resorts|
|Themes this item is part of:||Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Bushfires Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Natural Disasters|
|Inscriptions:||Visitors' Guide/Prom Coast Tourism/2009/ www.promcoasttourism.com.au/|
|Publisher:||Tourism Victoria, Victoria, Australia, 2008|