Search the collections
Pamphlet - 'Welcome to CFA', Country Fire Authority, Victoria, Oct 2006 Reg. No: HT 26334
- CFA pamphlet titled 'Welcome to CFA', published in October 2006 and still available after the February 2009 bushfires. It outlines general information about being a member of the CFA as well as the roles and responsibilities. The pamphlet provides an overview of what to expect as an individual when volunteering with the CFA as well as how the CFA can assist when the volunteer is under stress or duress.
- DL brochure, colour, front cover features image of CFA officer greeting a new recruit, back cover features CFA Logo in red on a purple background.
- Statement Of Significance:
- The bushfires of February 2009 have changed forever the way in which we think of fire risk. This collection of public education material still available after Black Saturday shows how difficult it is for authorities to keep pace with creating appropriate, current and relevant publications. The inclusion of both flood and fire information for the same region also illustrates the challenges faced by local government and other authorities when dealing with increasing extremes of climate.
- Acquisition Information:
- Collected from Ms Liza Dale-Hallett - Museum Victoria Collections, Research & Exhibitions, 2009
|Dimensions:||210 mm (Height), 100 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||emergency services, natural disasters|
|Themes this item is part of:||Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Bushfires Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Natural Disasters|
|Inscriptions:||Printed on cover: Welcome to / CFA
Printed on back cover: Back cover: CFA / How can I get further / information about services / available to CFA volunteers? /
|Publisher:||Country Fire Authority (CFA), East Burwood, Victoria, Australia, Oct 2006|