Search the collections
Pamphlet - 'Campfires; Be Safe Not Sorry', Department of Sustainability & Environment, Victoria, Apr 2007 Reg. No: HT 26339
- DSE pamphlet titled 'Campfires; Be Safe Not Sorry', published in April 2007. It outlines general information about dealing with the risk of fires when campfires are not managed properly. It reflects community safety education about the risks of wildfires occurring due to campfires. This 2007 pamphlet was still in public use after the bushfires of February 2009.
- DL double sided leaflet, printed in colour with red the predominant background colour.
- Statement Of Significance:
- The bushfires of February 2009 have changed forever the way in which we think of fire risk. This collection of public education material still available after Black Saturday shows how difficult it is for authorities to keep pace with creating appropriate, current and relevant publications. The inclusion of both flood and fire information for the same region also illustrates the challenges faced by local government and other authorities when dealing with increasing extremes of climate.
- Acquisition Information:
- Collected from Ms Liza Dale-Hallett - Museum Victoria Collections, Research & Exhibitions, 2009
|Dimensions:||210 mm (Height), 100 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||bushfires, emergency services, camping, natural disasters, fire safety|
|Themes this item is part of:||Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Bushfires Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Natural Disasters|
|Inscriptions:||Printed on cover: Campfires: / Be safe not sorry /
Printed on back cover: General Fire Safety in the outdoors /
|Publisher:||Government of Victoria Department of Sustainability and Environment, East Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Apr 2007|