Search the collections
Leaflet - 'Official Visitors Guide 2009 Yarra Valley', Tourism Victoria, circa 2008 Reg. No: HT 26341
- Official visitors' map for the Yarra Valley published by Tourism Victoria, circa 2008. It has an extensive motor map of the Yarra Valley. Detailed smaller location specific maps contain thorough information and include touring routes for Yarra Glen, Healesville, Marysville and Warburton. The pamphlet includes advertising for local businesses such as accommodation and activities.
- 44 page soft-cover pamphlet includes a full-colour front cover featuring a picture of a vineyard and includes a large fold-out colour touring map on the back cover. The interior includes colour photographs of local places of interest and businesses.
- Statement Of Significance:
- The pamphlet presents a poignant snapshot of the tourist services and infrastructure that were present before the Black Saturday bushfires of February 2009. It also demonstrates the dependence of the communities in the Upper Yarra Valley and Marysville region on tourism. The landscape and the establishments listed in the pamphlet have been greatly impacted by the bushfires and this pamphlet highlights the strain the bushfires have had, and continue to have, on the environment, economy and community of this region.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms Margaret Baker - Yarra Valley Regional Tourism Association, 2010
|Dimensions:||209 mm (Height), 148 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||tourism, maps, tourist resorts|
|Themes this item is part of:||Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Bushfires Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Natural Disasters|
|Inscriptions:||OFFICIAL VISITORS' GUIDE 2009/YARRA VALLEY/VICTORIA AUSTRALIA/COLDSTREAM YARRA GLEN HEALESVILLE SEVILLE/WARBURTON NILLUMBIK MARYSVILLE/You'll love every piece of Victoria/visitvictoria.com|
|Publisher:||Tourism Victoria, Victoria, Australia, 2008|
|Advertiser:||Nillumbik Tourism Association, Yarra Valley, Victoria, Australia, 2008|