Search the collections
Book - 'Your Home Fire Safety', Country Fire Authority, Victoria, circa 2008 Reg. No: HT 26346
- Book titled 'Your Home Fire Safety', published by the CFA, circa 2008, collected from the Horsham CFA offices in May 2009. It outlines specific information about dealing with fire when living in suburban regions of Victoria. It is written in a clear concise and non-alarmist manner, and recommends planning principles that could be applied to personal, family, and property safety during a house fire. The publication includes examples of safe behaviours in fire plan preparation such as evacuation steps and practical information on designing a personal fire safety plan.
- Book, full colour, front cover features image of a mother and her three children preparing a fire safety plan, back cover featuring a graphic of a house with pointers on what could trigger a fire in your home as well as some practical suggestions.
- Statement Of Significance:
- The bushfires of February 2009 have changed forever the way in which we think of fire risk. This collection of public education material still available after Black Saturday shows how difficult it is for authorities to keep pace with creating appropriate, current and relevant publications. The inclusion of both flood and fire information for the same region also illustrates the challenges faced by local government and other authorities when dealing with increasing extremes of climate.
- Acquisition Information:
- Collected from Ms Liza Dale-Hallett - Museum Victoria Collections, Research & Exhibitions, 2009
|Dimensions:||295 mm (Height), 210 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||emergency services, fire safety|
|Themes this item is part of:||Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Bushfires Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Natural Disasters|
|Inscriptions:||Printed on cover: CFA / your / home / fire / safety
Printed on back cover: fire / police / or / ambulance / call / 000
|Publisher:||Country Fire Authority (CFA) Headquarters, East Burwood, Victoria, Australia, circa 2008|
|References:||[http://catalogue.nla.gov.au/Record/4505136?lookfor=subject:%22Fires%20-%20Safety%20measures.%22&offset=1&max=22] retrieved 25 Aug 2010|