Search the collections
Information Sheet - 'How To Secure Your Firefighting Water Supply', Country Fire Authority North West Area, circa 2008 Reg. No: HT 26462
- Information Sheet titled 'How To Secure Your Firefighting Water Supply / Home Fire Defence And Safe Site Access', published by the Country Fire Authority North West Area, circa 2008. This information sheet outlines the importance of ensuring that rural landholders and residents living in high fire risk areas have a secure fire fighting reserve of water with standardised fittings for use by CFA during times of fire fighting. Details of appropriate fittings are given, as well as appropriate siting information for location of the water tank, fire hose and pump as well as mapping safe access for a fire truck. Contact details for further information are also provided. The sheet reflects community safety education and emergency response prior to Black Saturday.
- A4 sheet of paper, full colour, front page features images of fire fighting tank fittings, and reverse features examples of safe site access and appropriate location of tanks and pumps.
- Statement Of Significance:
- This information sheet is reflective of the challenges faced by local government and other authorities when dealing with responses to natural disasters such as fire or flood. As climate events experienced in Australia are becoming more extreme there is a lag in the provision of relevant information suitable for the extremes of climate change being demonstrated. This is the only document to include a notation that a CFA truck may not always be available.
- Acquisition Information:
- Collected from Ms Liza Dale-Hallett - Museum Victoria Collections, Research & Exhibitions, 2009
|Dimensions:||297 mm (Height), 210 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||bushfires, emergency services, fire fighting equipment, natural disasters, fire safety, fire fighting pumps|
|Themes this item is part of:||Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Bushfires Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Natural Disasters|
|Inscriptions:||Cover: How / to / secure / your / firefighting / supply, CFA / North / West / Area /
Back cover: Home / fire /defence/ and/ safe /site / access, CFA / North / West / Area /
|Publisher:||Country Fire Authority (CFA) North West Area, Melton, Victoria, Australia, circa 2008|