Search the collections
Information Sheet - 'How Critical Incident Stress Can Affect You', Country Fire Authority, Victoria, circa 2008 Reg. No: HT 26465
- Information Sheet titled 'How Critical Incident Stress Can Affect You', published by the Country Fire Authority, circa 2008. This CFA information sheet recognises the physical and emotional stress experienced by emergency services staff. It outlines the key indicators of stress and recommends best practice relating to an individual's responses to stress and how peers can help after any traumatic event.
- Information sheet with black and white text and navy and yellow shading. The CFA logo is in the lower right corner.
- Statement Of Significance:
- This publication reflects a change in paradigm of how physical and emotional stress is dealt with by an organisation and its members when working in a traumatic situation.The shift is from dealing with problems as an individual to one that recognises the importance of community and that stress is not a sign of weakness.
- Acquisition Information:
- Collected from Ms Liza Dale-Hallett - Museum Victoria Collections, Research & Exhibitions, 2009
|Dimensions:||298 mm (Height), 210 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||emergency services, natural disasters, stress measurement|
|Themes this item is part of:||Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Bushfires Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Natural Disasters|
|Inscriptions:||Printed on cover: How / Critical / Incident / Stress / Can / Affect / You /
Printed on back: CISM PROGRAM / AFTER THE INCIDENT
|Publisher:||Country Fire Authority (CFA) Headquarters, East Burwood, Victoria, Australia, 2008|