Search the collections
Information Sheet - 'Roadside Fire Management', Country Fire Authority, Midlands Wimmera Area, Victoria, 2008 Reg. No: HT 26466
- Information Sheet titled 'Roadside Fire Management', published by the Country Fire Authority, Midlands Wimmera Area, Victoria, 2008. It contains a checklist for managing Roadside and Railside Fire Prevention during the process of undertaking public or private works along road and railway edges. The pamphlet is endorsed by the CFA Midland Wimmera branch. It was still available after the February 2009 bushfires.
- A4 single sided information sheet outlining a checklist for Brigades conducting Roadside and Rail Fire prevention.
- Statement Of Significance:
- The bushfires of February 2009 have changed forever the way in which we think of fire risk. This collection of public education material still available after Black Saturday shows how difficult it is for authorities to keep pace with creating appropriate, current and relevant publications. The inclusion of both flood and fire information for the same region also illustrates the challenges faced by local government and other authorities when dealing with increasing extremes of climate.
- Acquisition Information:
- Collected from Ms Liza Dale-Hallett - Museum Victoria Collections, Research & Exhibitions, 2009
|Dimensions:||298 mm (Height), 210 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||emergency services, road safety, natural disasters, traffic controls, railway maintenance|
|Themes this item is part of:||Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Bushfires Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Natural Disasters|
|Inscriptions:||Roadside Fire Management|
|Publisher:||Country Fire Authority (CFA) Midlands-Wimmera Area, Ballarat, Victoria, Australia, Feb 2008|