Search the collections
Vase of Flowers - Withdrawing Room, Dolls' House, 'Pendle Hall', 1940s Reg. No: HT 26624
- Vase of flowers from pot stand from Room 11 - Withdrawing Room, Main Building Section, Pendle Hall. From back right wall in corner.
It was created by Felicity Clemons as part of a 40 project to create a grand fully-furnished Georgian style country dolls' house. The project began in the 1940's when Felicity's daughter, Antonia, was given a three-room dolls' house by her grandmother. Mrs Clemons was not happy with its scale or authenticity and so began a rebuilding project which resulted in a four storey grand house, now known as Pendle Hall. Although some items were purchased during shopping trips to Melbourne, the majority of furnishings were constructed by Felicity's own hands, using numerous reference books and magazines.
- Small green and cream painted pot with yellow flowers in it.
- Acquisition Information:
- Tax Donation, 2010
|Dimensions:||60 mm (Height), 45 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||crafts, furniture, doll houses, british history|
|Themes this item is part of:||Pendle Hall Dolls' House, Pendle Hall Dolls' House - Room 11 Withdrawing Room, Childhood & Youth Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Leisure Collection|
|Primary Classification:||GAMES & TOYS|
|Secondary Classification:||Dolls' Accessories|
|Tertiary Classification:||dolls' houses|
|Maker:||Mrs Felicity Clemons, Tasmania, Australia, 1940-1980|