Search the collections
Doll - Female, Withdrawing Room, Dolls' House, 'Pendle Hall', 1940s Reg. No: HT 26637
- Female Doll from Room 11 - Withdrawing Room, Main Building Section, Pendle Hall. This doll stood towards the rear of the room on left hand side of room.
It was created by Felicity Clemons as part of a 40 project to create a grand fully-furnished Georgian style country dolls' house. The project began in the 1940's when Felicity's daughter, Antonia, was given a three-room dolls' house by her grandmother. Mrs Clemons was not happy with its scale or authenticity and so began a rebuilding project which resulted in a four storey grand house, now known as Pendle Hall. Although some items were purchased during shopping trips to Melbourne, the majority of furnishings were constructed by Felicity's own hands, using numerous reference books and magazines.
- Handmade wooden female doll. Hand painted with articulated joints. Doll is wearing a cream dress with red stars. Cream band around waist. Doll is also wearing a petticoat and pantaloons.
- Acquisition Information:
- Tax Donation, 2010
|Dimensions:||128 mm (Height), 95 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||crafts, doll houses, british history, dolls|
|Themes this item is part of:||Pendle Hall Dolls' House, Pendle Hall Dolls' House - Room 11 Withdrawing Room, Childhood & Youth Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Leisure Collection|
|Primary Classification:||GAMES & TOYS|
|Secondary Classification:||Dolls' Accessories|
|Tertiary Classification:||dolls' houses|
|Maker:||Mrs Felicity Clemons, Tasmania, Australia, 1940-1980|