Search the collections
Doll - Female, Entrance Hall, Dolls' House, 'Pendle Hall', 1940s Reg. No: HT 26655
- Female Doll from Room 12 - Entrance Hall, Main Building Section, Pendle Hall. From middle bottom of staircase.
It was created by Felicity Clemons as part of a 40 project to create a grand fully-furnished Georgian style country dolls' house. The project began in the 1940's when Felicity's daughter, Antonia, was given a three-room dolls' house by her grandmother. Mrs Clemons was not happy with its scale or authenticity and so began a rebuilding project which resulted in a four storey grand house, now known as Pendle Hall. Although some items were purchased during shopping trips to Melbourne, the majority of furnishings were constructed by Felicity's own hands, using numerous reference books and magazines.
- Wooden female doll with articulated joints. Doll is wearing a crimson dress with a cream lace wrap around her shoulders. She has white hair pulled back into a bun and is wearing red earrings. The doll is also wearing a petticoat and pantaloons.
- Acquisition Information:
- Tax Donation, 2010
|Dimensions:||138 mm (Height), 93 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||crafts, doll houses, british history, dolls|
|Themes this item is part of:||Pendle Hall Dolls' House, Pendle Hall Dolls' House - Room 12 Entrance Hall, Childhood & Youth Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Leisure Collection|
|Primary Classification:||GAMES & TOYS|
|Secondary Classification:||Dolls' Accessories|
|Tertiary Classification:||dolls' houses|
|Maker:||Mrs Felicity Clemons, Tasmania, Australia, 1940-1980|