Search the collections
Doll - Male, Library, Dolls' House, 'Pendle Hall', 1940s Reg. No: HT 26731
- Male Doll from Room 14 - Library, Main Building Section, Pendle Hall. From right side of round table.
It was created by Felicity Clemons as part of a 40 project to create a grand fully-furnished Georgian style country dolls' house. The project began in the 1940's when Felicity's daughter, Antonia, was given a three-room dolls' house by her grandmother. Mrs Clemons was not happy with its scale or authenticity and so began a rebuilding project which resulted in a four storey grand house, now known as Pendle Hall. Although some items were purchased during shopping trips to Melbourne, the majority of furnishings were constructed by Felicity's own hands, using numerous reference books and magazines.
- Wooden male doll. Hand painted. Doll joints are articulated. Doll is wearing a black suit and a light blue tie.
- Acquisition Information:
- Cultural Gifts Donation, 2010
|Dimensions:||103 mm (Height), 50 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||crafts, doll houses, british history, dolls|
|Themes this item is part of:||Pendle Hall Dolls' House, Pendle Hall Dolls' House - Room 14 Library, Childhood & Youth Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Leisure Collection|
|Primary Classification:||GAMES & TOYS|
|Secondary Classification:||Dolls' Accessories|
|Tertiary Classification:||dolls' houses|
|Maker:||Mrs Felicity Clemons, Tasmania, Australia, 1940-1980|